Dallas Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer
Aggressive driving in Dallas is never okay. An aggressive driver is not considering the safety of others, and they can make decisions that lead to serious accidents. If you were the victim of this type of accident, it’s time to call a Dallas aggressive driving accident lawyer.
Don’t get stuck paying for expenses from an accident that was not your fault. Our Dallas car accident lawyers can help. We do not charge a fee unless we win your case, and the consultation is always FREE. To schedule your FREE consultation, call (469) 998-4069 or contact us online today.
How Aggressive Driving Looks in Dallas
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), aggressive driving is when a driver “commits a combination of moving traffic offenses so as to endanger other persons or property.” Unlike other types of traffic offenses where the driver unintentionally makes a mistake, aggressive driving is just as it sounds — aggressive.
Aggressive driving can include actions like:
- Excessive speeding
- Making improper turns
- Erratic or improper lane changes
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to obey traffic signs or signals
- Driving recklessly, carelessly, or erratically
- Racing with other drivers
Aggressive drivers are often acting out because of frustration, irritation, anger, or other life stressors they are experiencing. No matter the reasoning, though, aggressive driving is very unsafe and negligent behavior.
If you notice another driver being aggressive on the roads, it’s best to move away from them and try not to engage. Although it might be tempting to react aggressively back, this will just escalate things and lead to a more serious situation.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by an aggressive driver, you have rights. A Dallas aggressive driving accident lawyer can help you file a claim and pursue compensation for your damages.
How to Show That the Other Driver Was Being Aggressive
If the aggressive driver was fully at fault for your accident, they are legally liable for the damages. You’ll need to show the driver’s negligence by proving the following:
- The driver owed you a duty of care.
- That duty of care was breached by the driver’s aggressive actions.
- Your accident was caused by the driver’s negligence.
- You suffered injuries and damages because of the accident.
Since all drivers have a duty to drive safely and not put others in danger, an aggressive driver is a negligent driver. Beyond that, you’ll need to show that the aggressive driving behaviors directly caused your accident, your injuries, and the costs you now face.
Proving that another driver was being aggressive is not always easy. Thankfully, aggressive driving accident lawyers know how to gather the right evidence to show what happened.
Gathering Evidence of Aggressive Driving
Besides working with a lawyer, there are things you can do to compile evidence of the accident, and aggressive driver’s negligence, and your damages. Here are some ways you can do that:
- Call the Dallas police to report the accident.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and your vehicle damage.
- Exchange names, contact information, and insurance information with the other driver only if it’s safe to approach the other driver. (Otherwise, just stay in your vehicle until the police arrive.)
- Get medical attention right away if you need it, or go to the doctor as soon as possible after leaving the scene.
- Talk to any eyewitnesses and get their contact information.
- Keep copies of all bills, receipts, and other documents to show your damages.
Your lawyer can also help you gather this information and fill in any gaps. They can also get statements from witnesses and compile other evidence to show the aggressive driver’s actions.
Dealing with the Insurance Company
To seek compensation for your damages, you’ll need to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Be very careful not to accept any settlement offer or give any recorded statements without speaking to a lawyer first.
Insurance companies routinely offer accident victims a lowball offer that might seem like a good deal at the time. If you are stressed about your medical costs and missed work time, any amount of money will be tempting. However, your damages are probably much higher than you realize and the first offer is never enough to cover your full costs.
It’s best to at least speak with a Dallas aggressive driving accident lawyer right away. A lawyer can give you an idea of what a fair settlement offer will look like and how you can build a strong insurance claim. To go over the details during a FREE consultation, call (469) 998-4069 or fill out one of our online contact forms.
Damages You Can Claim After an Aggressive Driving Accident
Your lawyer will look at all of the ways the accident has impacted you. Any costs or losses you experience because of the accident are known as your damages. Personal injury damages are divided into two main types:
- Economic damages
- Non-economic damages
Medical costs, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and vehicle repairs are all examples of economic damages from an aggressive driving accident. These damages can be calculated through documentation like medical bills and receipts or quotes.
Although you can fairly easily calculate your economic costs, you’ll need to consider past, current, and future expenses. For example, if you are still receiving treatment for your injuries, you’ll probably have future medical costs that need to be included in your claim.
In comparison with economic damages, non-economic damages cannot be demonstrated through a dollar amount. These damages include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental or emotional pain or anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Non-economic damages are difficult to calculate because they don’t have a set dollar amount that helps you give them a value. An experienced lawyer will know how to best account for these damages.
Get a Free Consultation with a Dallas Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer Today
Our Dallas car accident lawyers have helped countless accident victims win what they deserve after an aggressive driving accident. We can help you gather evidence, determine the value of your damages, build a strong insurance claim, and negotiate with the insurance company to seek a fair offer.
To learn more, contact us today and we’ll give you a FREE, no-risk consultation. Call (469) 998-4069 or reach out to us online to get started today.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Many Accidents Are Caused by Distracted Driving?
- How Long Does an Insurance Company Have to Pay a Claim in Texas?
- Can You Recover For Injuries From a Motorcycle Accident Even If You Didn’t Wear A Helmet In Texas?
- What Injuries Can a Car Accident Cause?
- When Should You Go to the Doctor After Hitting Your Head in a Car Accident?