Dallas Car Accident Reconstruction Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you’re probably feeling a lot of things right now — pain, anger, and frustration, to name a few. This can be especially true if you know the accident was not your fault, but the other driver or the insurance company is trying to blame you for your injuries. Having a Dallas reconstruction lawyer on your side levels the playing field. We stand by your side to take on the insurance companies and any third party involved in your accident.
As a rule, insurance companies do not want to pay out a penny more than they have to. Because of this, they may call you while you are still recovering in the hospital to try to settle your claim quickly. Don’t agree to an offer without speaking with a Dallas car accident lawyer. Our Dallas law firm has experience negotiating the best settlements for our clients and taking cases in front of a jury when necessary.
You deserve compensation for your injuries. We can help.
How a Dallas Reconstruction Lawyer Can Help You
Working with an experienced Dallas reconstruction lawyer can help you prove you were not at fault. This is important because, in the state of Texas, we have a “comparative fault” law, also known as “proportionate responsibility.” Essentially, you can only claim damages if you are found to be less than 51% at fault in the accident. But saying it and proving it are two different things.
As your personal injury lawyer, we can easily access the information we need to build your case. Our Dallas car accident law firm has a team of investigators who can access:
- Police reports
- Accident scene photos
- Traffic camera footage
- Surveillance camera footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Cell phone records
- Medical reports
- Blood test results to show if the other driver was impaired
- Vehicle inspections
Once we have reviewed all of this information, if there is any doubt who was really at fault in the accident, we will have our Dallas accident reconstruction team go to work.
Auto Accident Reconstruction Basics
If an accident involves serious injuries in Texas, you can bet the local or state law enforcement officials were called to the scene. Unfortunately, when police investigate an accident, they sometimes miss elements. That’s why it’s important to have a Dallas reconstruction lawyer help you with your case.
Accident reconstruction is a scientific process and an art. Our team uses scientific methodology and investigative skills to determine the circumstances, mechanics, and contributing factors of your collision.
We work with Dallas auto accident reconstruction experts who apply their knowledge of physics, engineering, vehicle dynamics, mathematics, and computer programs (simulations, spreadsheets, etc.) to answer questions such as:
- How fast were the car(s) traveling on impact?
- Where was the exact point of impact?
- Did the vehicles brake before impact? For how long?
- Could weather have played a factor?
- And more, depending on the circumstances of your accident
A thorough analysis of the data and modeling can reveal information that can show that you were not at fault. Sometimes, showing the other driver’s insurance company the results of our accident reconstruction is enough for them to increase a settlement offer. If they still want to claim that you were at fault, we are prepared to take your case in front of a jury.
Compensation You Can Receive
Whether it’s in an insurance settlement or a jury award, there are several areas where we will demand compensation on your behalf. These include:
- Payment for current and future medical bills
- Compensation for any medical equipment you need as a result of the accident
- Damages for pain and anguish
- Payment to repair or replace your car, bike, or motorcycle
- Compensation for any additional property damage
- Wrongful death if a family member died in the accident
- Additional damages if the other driver was charged with DUI
- And more, depending on your specific situation
Our goal is to get you the best compensation package we can. Please know that because of the “comparative fault” statute, any award you receive will be reduced by the percentage (if any) at which you were found to be at fault.
For example, if you were found to be 10% at fault because you were going a few miles over the speed limit, any compensation would be reduced by 10%.
Talk to an Experienced Dallas Reconstruction Lawyer for Free
Meeting with an experienced Dallas accident reconstruction lawyer is free and is often the best way to ensure the best possible outcome in your claim. At your initial consultation, we will go over the facts of your crash, any offers made by the insurance company, and the severity of your injuries and damages. We’ll help you decide where to go from there. Plus, there are no fees unless you collect.
Call us today at (214) 305-8277 or use our contact form and someone will get back with you quickly. We are available 24/7 to take your call.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I Still Have a Case if I Was Involved in a Single Car Crash in Dallas?
- What Happens When You Get Your Third DWI in Texas?
- What Can a Car Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
- Can You Recover For Injuries From a Motorcycle Accident Even If You Didn’t Wear A Helmet In Texas?
- Is the Truck Driver or Trucking Company Responsible in a Truck Accident?