Dallas Car Accident Caused by Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Lawyer
Traffic control signals are present above or along roadways in Dallas to ensure traffic flows safely. All drivers are required to obey traffic signals and keep themselves and others from harm. If you have been injured from an accident when another driver failed to follow these rules, you’ll want to speak with a Dallas failure to obey traffic signals lawyer.
Our Dallas car accident lawyers know how to handle the legal side of things after a car accident you did not cause. We firmly believe you should not have to pay a dime for injuries that were someone else’s fault. If another driver failed to follow the rules of the road and it led to injury, the driver should be held responsible.
We can help — starting with a FREE consultation and case evaluation. To get your FREE consultation as soon as possible, call us at (469) 998-4069 or contact us online today.
Types of Traffic Signals on Dallas Roads
Traffic signals communicate different rules depending on their colors (red, yellow, or green) and actions. The rules on following traffic signals are covered under Texas Transportation Code section 544.007.
A red light signals a driver to stop:
- A right turn can be made at a red light if the driver stops and yields to other vehicles or pedestrians in that path and if there is no sign saying “no turn on red.”
- If there is a red arrow, the driver should stop and not proceed or turn until a green arrow or signal appears.
- If a red light is flashing, it means the driver should first stop and then either follow right-of-way rules or wait until the path is safe to proceed.
Yellow lights signal a driver to be cautious:
- When a yellow light appears, it means a red light will soon appear so the driver should stop if they can do so safely.
- If a yellow light is flashing, a driver should slow down and pass the intersection carefully.
- When an arrow is yellow, it means a red arrow will soon appear and a driver should stop if they have not yet entered the intersection.
Green lights signal a driver that it’s okay to go, but they should always proceed carefully:
- If there are any other vehicles, pedestrians, or cyclists in the intersection when a green light appears, the driver should let them go before moving forward.
- At a left turn, a driver should only turn on a green light if they won’t crash into oncoming traffic. Otherwise, drivers turning left at a green light should yield.
- If there is not enough time to get across an intersection completely on a green light, a driver should stop.
- Green arrows mean protected turns. If there are not others in the intersection to yield to first, a driver is safe to turn while a green arrow is lit.
All drivers on Dallas roads are required to obey these traffic signal rules. Sometimes, when a driver causes an accident, they might claim that a signal was not clear or not working properly — but that’s rarely a good enough excuse. If traffic signal lights are not working, drivers should stop at the intersection and only go ahead when they know other drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists have also stopped.
Failing to Obey Traffic Signals Leads to Accidents in Dallas
Accidents can happen when drivers are negligent in following traffic rules. For example, we have seen cases where a driver fails to:
- Completely stop at a red light or stop sign
- Obey posted speed limit signs
- Perform lane changes correctly
- Give other drivers the correct right-of-way
- Yield at the proper locations
If your accident was caused by another driver disobeying traffic signals, such as running a red light, you have rights. You may be entitled to financial compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and more.
Our car accident lawyers are well-versed in local laws, and we can help you show how the other driver was at fault. We can also assist you in building a strong insurance claim to file with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. To get a FREE, no-risk consultation today, call us at (469) 998-4069 or contact us online.
Types of Accidents Caused By Disobeying Traffic Laws
Any accident can result from another driver not listening to traffic signals. However, some of the most common accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Side-swipe accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
Many drivers who run lights or fail to follow other traffic signals are driving while distracted, driving under the influence, or engaging in reckless driving behaviors. A driver might also be in a hurry to get somewhere and not feel like they can wait for another red light.
None of the above reasons are good excuses for disobeying traffic signals. All drivers in Dallas have a duty of care to operate their vehicles responsibly, and no one is above the law. Not following traffic signals can lead to incredibly serious or deadly accidents.
If you or someone you love were hurt in a crash caused by failure to obey traffic signals, you should not have to pay for the costs. Talk to an experienced lawyer today about your best compensation options.
Get a Free Consultation with a Dallas Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Lawyer Today
Our Dallas car accident lawyers have been helping accident victims win what they deserve for many years. We’re here to help by carefully investigating your accident, gathering evidence to show what happened, building a strong insurance claim, and fighting for your right to the fullest compensation possible.
We know how stressful and frustrating the aftermath of a car accident can be, which is why we’re dedicated to making the process as easy as possible for you. We do not charge you a fee unless we’re able to win you a financial recovery, and we always start with a 100% FREE consultation.
To get started with your FREE consultation today, call us at (469) 998-4069 or contact us online. Our experienced, compassionate, and knowledgeable team is here to help you.