Carrollton Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer
Coming into contact with an aggressive driver in Carrollton is enough to put anyone on edge. Getting into an accident with one is much worse. Aggressive driving is, unfortunately, common and often leads to serious accidents. If you were hurt in an accident caused by someone driving aggressively, it’s time to seek legal counsel from a Carrollton aggressive driving accident lawyer.
Thankfully, help is available after an aggressive driving accident. Our Dallas car accident lawyers can help you pursue compensation for the damages from your accident. If you were not at fault, you should not have to pay for these costs. Let’s discuss the details of your case during a FREE, no-risk consultation.
Call (469) 998-4069 and we’ll match you with the best lawyer for your case. The consultation is completely FREE, and there is no charge for our services unless we win you money. Contact us today to get started.
Examples of Aggressive Driving in Carrollton
The majority of drivers can say they’ve witnessed some form of aggressive driving on the roads. Examples of aggressive behavior behind the wheel include:
- Tailgating: Driving too close to the back of another vehicle
- Laying on the horn: Honking continuously at other drivers
- Lane blocking: Staying in one lane and refusing to move over so other vehicles can pass
- Persistent use of high beams: Refusing to keep headlight beams low when passing other cars during dark hours
- Aggressive gestures: Through eye contact or hand gestures that are meant to pick a fight with another driver
- Switching lanes unexpectedly: Not using a turn or change lane signal to alert other drivers before performing the action; weaving in and out of lanes without a signal
Aggressive driving can also quickly turn into road rage, which includes actions like yelling out of the window, gesturing at other drivers, or otherwise using the vehicle as a weapon. According to crash statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation (DOT), road rage contributed to 1,114 accidents in the state in 2014. Six of those accidents led to fatalities, while 23 were incapacitating.
How to Handle an Aggressive Driver
Drivers should be careful to remain calm on the road and not drive when emotions are high, as this can be dangerous to other drivers. Failing to avoid aggressive driving or road rage is negligent behavior.
If you come across an aggressive driver in Carrollton, it’s best to not engage and remain calm. If their actions persist and you are worried about the safety of others on the road, call 911 to report them.
Unfortunately, it’s impossible to avoid an aggressive driver if they cause an accident that you’re involved in. When that happens, you’ll need to pull over and report the accident to the police. Stay in your car unless the other driver calms down. When officers arrive, be sure to tell them about the other driver’s actions before, during, and after the crash.
Aggressive Driving Penalties in Texas
Aggressive driving is a serious matter in Carrollton and all throughout Texas. Aggressive drivers face a fine of $200 for every aggressive driving violation. If convicted, it can mean jail time.
If an aggressive driver’s behavior leads to a car accident with injuries, the driver is also responsible for the accident damages. If you were the victim of this type of crash, you likely have a right to compensation. It’s best to contact a Carrollton lawyer who can help you build a legal case and seek the recovery you deserve.
Your Legal Options After a Carrollton Aggressive Driving Accident
If an aggressive driver caused your accident in Carrollton, they might be liable for your injuries and other damages like:
- Medical bills
- Prescription medications
- Ongoing or future medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Vehicle repair costs and
- Pain and suffering damages
You may be entitled to full recovery for what was lost. If you had no hand in the accident, you should not have to cover any of the costs. However, you’ll want to speak with a lawyer as soon as you can. Dealing with the insurance company when you file your claim for compensation is often not as easy as it should be.
Insurance companies are always looking to reduce how much they have to pay on injury claims. After all, they make their money from monthly premiums, not from third-party claims. It’s very hard, if not impossible, for most injury victims to get a fair settlement offer on a claim without the help of a legal professional.
Partial Fault in Texas Aggressive Driving Accidents
Aggressive drivers can easily bring out the worst in us. If you are worried that you somehow contributed to the accident, do not let it discourage you from getting help. You likely still have legal options.
Under Texas’s proportionate responsibility laws, you cannot recover damages if you are more than 50% responsible for an accident. So, if you were less than 50% at fault, you may still be able to recover damages from the accident. Here’s an example:
- You suffer $100,000 in damages from an aggressive driving accident in Carrollton.
- You are found to be five percent responsible for the accident, and the other driver is 95% at fault.
- You should be able to recover 95% of your damages, which is $95,000, and the remaining five percent will be your responsibility to cover.
To learn more, speak with an experienced aggressive driving lawyer in the Carrollton area. A lawyer will work to ensure your damages are accurately calculated and that you do not get stuck with more of the blame than you deserve.
Get a Free Consultation with a Carrollton Aggressive Driving Accident Lawyer Today
If you were injured in an accident caused by an aggressive driver in Carrollton, don’t get left paying for the damages. Our Dallas car accident law firm at our firm can match you with the best attorney for your situation.
We do not charge a fee unless we win for you, and the consultation is always free of charge. To schedule your FREE consultation and get started today, call (469) 998-4069 or contact us online.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident?
- Who Is Eligible For Compensation In A Wrongful Death Car Accident Settlement?
- What Is the Most Common Cause of Motorcycle Accidents?
- Are You Legally Required to Report Any Motor Vehicle Accident in Texas?
- How Long Does a Motorcycle Accident Claim Take to Settle?