Carrollton Whiplash Accident Lawyer
Neck injuries like whiplash are very common in car accidents in Carrollton. While it can be hard to get whiplash taken seriously, it can cause debilitating pain and impact every area of your life. If you suffered whiplash in an accident you did not cause, reach out to a Carrollton whiplash accident lawyer today to help you seek compensation.
You may be entitled to full recovery of your costs from the accident. Our Dallas car accident lawyers serve injury victims throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We are not afraid to stand up to the insurance companies and fight for your rights.
Our law firm believes everyone deserves fair and experienced representation after an accident caused by someone else. That’s why we make it easy to work with us and not worry about the cost. There are no upfront fees, no charge unless we win, and the consultation is 100% free. So, call (469) 998-4069 or contact us online to get started with your FREE consultation today.
What “Whiplash” Means in Carrollton
Whiplash is a type of neck injury that happens a lot during car accidents. During whiplash, the neck is hyper-extended past its normal range of motion, causing stretching and tearing of the delicate soft tissues there.
Whiplash has also been referred to as a strain and sprain to the cervical spine. However, the pain that most victims experience from whiplash is due to soft tissue damage more than spinal issues.
Symptoms of whiplash can include:
- Minor to very severe pain in the neck
- Swelling, tenderness, and/or stiffness
- Shooting pains into the shoulders or arms and
- Numbness in the hands or fingers
Whiplash symptoms do not always show up right away. Some take time to develop, so it’s best to get treatment right away after an accident just in case.
Carrollton Car Accidents That Can Cause Whiplash
Although whiplash can result from other activities, car accidents are the most common causes of whiplash. And the most common accidents that cause whiplash are rear-end collisions.
When a car collides into yours from behind:
- Your shoulders and upper body move forward from the impact of the crash.
- As your upper body moves forward, your head remains in place briefly before snapping forward with the rest of your body.
- After the neck whips forward, it can whip back as the car comes to a stop.
The impact of whiplash can leave you with a lot of pain and damage that might not be outwardly visible at all. It’s this fact that can make a whiplash accident case in Carrollton more challenging than other accident cases.
Why You Should Get Treated for Whiplash Right Away
To seek compensation after an accident, you will need to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Then, you’ll need to wait for the insurance company to respond. Unfortunately, these insurance companies rarely make it easy.
Whiplash is frequently questioned by insurance companies after an accident. That’s because whiplash injuries are not easy to demonstrate. You can’t tell from the outside that someone has suffered whiplash, and it does not show up on imaging tests like broken bones.
Whiplash Takes Time to Manifest
Since it’s so easy for whiplash to be questioned in an accident claim, it’s vital that you see a doctor as soon as possible after your accident. Even if you feel okay on the same day as the accident, get checked out anyway.
Whiplash injuries don’t always show up right away. You might not feel the full extent of the damage until hours or days later. But if you see a doctor right after your accident, it will:
- Show the insurance company that you sought treatment right away for your injuries
- Let your doctor examine you for more serious damage and
- Give you an idea of what your treatment will look like
Even after seeing a doctor and following all treatment recommendations, the insurance company may still try to downplay your whiplash injury and offer you a lowball settlement.
Don’t let them tell you that your injuries are not serious. Speak with an experienced Carrollton whiplash accident lawyer today who can protect your rights. Call our local car accident law firm today at (469) 998-4069 for a FREE consultation.
Get Compensation for the Costs of Your Whiplash Accident
If you did not cause the accident that caused your whiplash, you may be entitled to full compensation for your costs. Your damages may include:
- Medical bills
- Prescription medications
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages from missing work time
- Property damage to your vehicle and
- Pain and suffering damages
A lawyer can help you gather evidence of the accident and all of your damages. You will need sufficient proof to show that the other driver was negligent in your accident. If they were 100%, it’s your legal right to seek compensation for all of your damages.
How to Prove the Other Driver Was at Fault in Your Accident
Here are some forms of evidence that can help strengthen your claim and show how the other driver caused your whiplash accident. Your lawyer can use this information to present it in the best way possible.
Evidence to Gather at the Scene
Right after the accident, if you are well enough to move around, you can gather evidence at the scene like:
- Pictures of your injuries, your vehicle damage, and the entire accident scene
- Names and contact information for any eyewitnesses
- The name, contact information, and insurance information from the other driver
- Notes on anything else you notice at the scene that could be helpful, such as traffic surveillance cameras
It’s also important that you call the police to report the accident. Officers will respond to the scene and file an accident report, which you will need to get a copy of later.
Other Evidence from Your Whiplash Accident
Besides evidence from the scene, you can also compile information like:
- Medical records from your treatment
- Doctor notes
- Receipts from other costs and
- Driving phone records from the other driver
Your lawyer will know what’s most important to focus on for your case.
Get a Free, No-Risk Consultation with a Carrollton Whiplash Accident Lawyer Today
Don’t wait to get started after a whiplash accident in Carrollton. In Texas, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim (Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code section 16.003)—and that time goes quickly. The sooner you can reach out to an experienced lawyer, the better. And that’s where our attorneys can help.
Contact us today at (469) 998-4069 or reach out online to get started with a FREE, no-risk consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can Hiring an Attorney Get Me More Money After my Car Accident?
- What Is the Leading Cause of Death for Teenage Drivers?
- How Much Do Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Charge for Accident Claims?
- Should You Accept An Accident Injury Settlement Offer From The Insurance Company?
- Can a Lawyer Prove Fault in a Car Accident When Someone Runs a Stop Sign in Texas?