Frisco Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
Our modern, technological world has many distractions. Most drivers in Frisco have their phones close at hand, even when operating their vehicles. GPS systems, music, text messages, email notifications, and more make it easy to take eyes off of the road—and in those moments, an accident can happen.
If you were hurt in a crash because another driver was distracted, the time to act is now. Our Frisco aggressive driving accident lawyers know that Texas law is on your side. You may be entitled to full compensation for the treatment of your injuries, your lost wages, and more.
To schedule a FREE, no-risk consultation today, call (214) 305-8277 to speak with one of our experienced and compassionate attorneys. We do not charge a fee unless we win you money, so call now to get started for FREE.
The Definition of Distracted Driving in Frisco
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) defines distracted driving as “any activity that diverts attention from driving.” This can encompass many different types of activities. Distractions while operating a fast-moving vehicle create three main types of impairments:
- Visual impairments from looking at the distracting object or person instead of the road and any potential dangers or hazard
- Cognitive impairments that focus a driver’s thoughts on something other than driving safely, making it difficult to watch the road and make efficient decisions
- Manual impairments from the driver taking their hands off of the wheel to handle or address the distracting object, preventing them from being prepared if a hazard comes up
If a distraction impairments a driver in any of these three ways, it instantly makes the situation dangerous. Just a moment of distraction can lead to disastrous—even deadly—consequences. That’s why, if you were hurt in an accident because of a distracted driver, you should not have to pay for the costs.
Texting While Driving in Frisco
One of the most common forms of distracted driving today is texting and driving. Phone-related distractions can also include:
- Reading or responding to text messages or emails
- Surfing the internet
- Talking on the phone
- Checking social media or other apps
- Looking up music to play and
- Using a GPS app
Other Examples of Driving While Distracted
An activity does not need to involve technology to be very distracting and make a driving situation hazardous. One can also become distracted if doing any of the following while driving:
- Talking to passengers in the vehicle
- Putting on makeup, checking hair, or other forms of grooming
- Eating or drinking
- Changing the radio
Basically, engaging in anything that takes a driver’s attention away from driving safely can be considered distracted driving.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) reported that in 2018, 18% of motor vehicle crashes on Texas roads were caused by distracted driving. This included inattention, driver distraction, and the use of cell phones. Of those accidents, there were 2,340 serious injuries and 394 deaths.
As you can see, distracted driving is serious. If you were hurt in a distracted driving accident in Frisco, you deserve recovery for your losses. To schedule a FREE, no-obligation consultation to go over your legal options with a trusted car accident lawyer today, call (214) 305-8277.
Texas Distracted Driving Laws
In 2017, Texas lawmakers banned drivers from texting and writing emails while driving. Further, if a driver is under the age of 18, it’s illegal for them to use any type of electronic communication device while driving. Cell phone use is also not allowed for bus drivers and in school crossing zones.
All drivers in Frisco have a legal duty to exercise reasonable care on the roads so that other drivers are not harmed. Driving while distracted is definitely a negligent act that has legal repercussions. If another driver chose to give in to distractions and it led to your accident, they should pay for the consequences of their negligence.
How a Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer in Frisco Helps
Our car accident lawyers are passionate about getting accident victims the recovery they deserve. We know how serious an accident can be when it involves distracted driving, and we are committed to winning for our clients.
If you choose to work with a lawyer on your distracted driving accident case, they can help by:
- Investigating the details of the accident, including hiring experts if needed
- Calculating the full value of your damages, including medical costs, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more
- Subpoenaing the driver’s cell phone records to show if they were using their phone right before the accident
- Communicating and negotiating with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf
- Reviewing car insurance policies and their limits related to your accident
- If necessary, taking the case of court and preparing for trial
Texas insurance companies are often ruthless after a car accident. They care most about their costs, not how badly you are suffering from your accident injuries and more. Unfortunately, insurers also know that most injury victims are feeling vulnerable and have never had to deal with this type of situation before.
The other driver’s insurance company might try reaching out to you and/or offering you a settlement soon after the accident. Be very careful to not take the first settlement, sign anything, or agree to give any recorded statements when it comes to the insurance company. They are looking for ways to pay you less and take advantage of you, so it’s important to know your rights.
A Frisco distracted driving accident lawyer can level the playing field and help you make the best decisions for the full financial recovery possible. Don’t miss out on the compensation you deserve. Speak with an experienced lawyer about your options today.
Get a Free Consultation with a Frisco Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Today
Our car accident lawyers know what it takes to build a strong injury case and fight for the rights of our clients. Our number one priority is getting you the money you deserve to cover your costs and begin to move on from the accident. We do not charge a fee unless we win you money, so there is no risk to you.
To schedule a FREE consultation and to get matched with the best, most experienced attorney for your case, call us at (214) 305-8277 today.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Long Do You Have After A Car Accident To File A Lawsuit In Texas?
- Who Is Legally Responsible If You’re Injured In A Dallas Bus Accident?
- How Do You Know If You Need To Hire A Dallas Car Accident Lawyer?
- What Can You Recover For A Wrongful Death From A Truck Accident In Texas?
- What If The Other Driver In A Texas Car Accident Is Uninsured?