Lewisville Passenger Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Car accidents in Lewisville can be incredibly challenging—not just during the crash, but in the moments, days, weeks, and months afterward. You may have increasing medical bills and missed work time that you don’t know how to handle. Thankfully, you probably have legal options that a Lewisville passenger vehicle accident lawyer can help you access.
Our Dallas car accident lawyers are dedicated to pursuing the maximum compensation possible for our clients. We do our very best every time, and we bring countless years of experience to the table. Plus, you can hire us knowing our communication with you will be next to none.
Call us today at (469) 998-4069 or reach out through one of our online contact forms and get a FREE consultation. We do not charge you a fee unless we win you money, so there are no upfront or out-of-pocket costs to worry about. Call today to get started for FREE!
Four Steps to Take After a Passenger Vehicle Accident in Lewisville
Our attorneys completely understand just how overwhelming an accident can be. It can be difficult to even think straight after another driver causes your crash. However, if you can gather some information at the scene, it can be incredibly helpful to your case.
Here are some actions we recommend doing after a passenger vehicle accident if you are well enough to accomplish them.
1. Calling the Police
In Texas, under Texas Transportation Code section 550.026, a driver involved in any passenger vehicle accident with injuries or death should immediately notify:
- The local police department if the accident happened in a municipality
- The local police department or sheriff’s office if the accident happened less than 100 feet outside of a municipality or
- The sheriff’s office or the closest department office if it’s not legally required to report the accident under the above two conditions
When you report an accident to the police, officers will file an accident report. This is important evidence for your claim in case the at-fault driver tries to deny the accident or certain details that an officer reported.
2. Exchanging Information at the Scene
Document as much as you can of the accident scene. That includes:
- Taking pictures of your injuries, your vehicle damage, and the entire accident scene
- Exchanging names, license driver numbers, contact information, and insurance information with the other driver(s) in the accident
- Talking to any eyewitnesses and getting their contact information
- Noting anything else important at the scene that may help you later, such as traffic surveillance cameras
When you consult with a Lewisville passenger vehicle accident lawyer, they can use any evidence you gathered to begin building you a strong case. For example, they will reach out to eyewitnesses you spoke to and work to get statements that support your claim.
3. Get Medical Attention
If you have injuries that are serious or life-threatening, it’s important that you get medical attention at the scene. The responding officers will probably ask if you need emergency medical services.
If you do not need immediate medical attention, you should still see your doctor that same day or within the next one to two days. Do not wait to get checked out, even if you feel okay or think that you can manage your injuries alone. There are a few important reasons to get this treatment:
- You could have injuries that worsen with time or are more serious than you realize. Getting them checked out will ensure you get prompt treatment and probably reduce your pain later.
- If you wait too long to see a doctor, the insurance company might doubt your injuries. They could try to say you were not that that badly or that your injuries were not directly caused by the accident.
- Seeing a doctor will give you an idea of the severity of your injuries and any future medical costs that you may have, which is important for calculating your damages.
You will also want to keep track of all medical bills and other evidence of your treatment. You’ll need this to show your damages. If you need help getting copies of certain records, your passenger vehicle accident lawyer can assist you.
4. Talk to an Experienced Lawyer
Car accident claims are not easy to build, and insurance companies can be ruthless in fighting or trying to reduce the value of a claim. Thankfully, that’s why car accident lawyers exist.
An experienced and trusted passenger vehicle accident lawyer in Lewisville will know how to handle your case from the very beginning. Injury victims who receive legal help after an accident are much more likely to get a higher settlement than those who try to handle things alone. That’s because an attorney knows what it takes to fight for your rights.
Your lawyer can also deal with the at-fault driver’s insurance company after your accident. Without a lawyer on your side, it’s easy to get taken advantage of in one way or another.
Never Accept the First Settlement Offer from the Insurance Company
After the accident, the other driver’s insurance company will likely reach out to you. They might even offer you a settlement very soon after the crash. While it might be tempting to have this quick money, you should know that it is never enough compensation to cover even a portion of your damages.
Insurance adjusters know that most car accident victims are stressed about money after an accident. They are hoping you’ll accept the first settlement offer because they know it will close your case and prevent you from fighting for a higher settlement.
Offering a lowball settlement is just one of many tactics insurance companies will use to try and pay victims less. Don’t let this happen to you. Get an experienced Lewisville passenger vehicle accident lawyer on your side who can handle the insurance company and negotiate for a settlement that is actually fair to you.
Get a Free Consultation with a Lewisville Passenger Vehicle Accident Lawyer Today
Our Dallas car accident law firm is dedicated to getting you the compensation you deserve. While we cannot make any direct promises about settlements (and no honest firm should), we can assure you that we will do our absolute best to bring the best outcome for you.
We also do not charge a fee unless we win you money, so there’s no risk to you. Our clients love us for our experience, compassion, and superb communication throughout each step of the process.
To learn more and discuss the details of your case during a FREE consultation, call us today at (469) 998-4069 or contact us online. If you cannot make it to our office, we are also happy to travel to you. Contact us today to get started for FREE.