DeSoto Speeding Truck Accident Lawyer
Allow us to step in to help if you were hit by a speeding truck here in DeSoto, Texas. We’ll step in to offer you comprehensive legal services after a collision with a large truck, like an 18-wheeler or a semi-truck. You can reach us easily if you call (214) 305-8277.
Find out more about how to get assistance by working with a DeSoto speeding truck accident lawyer. We understand your position after an accident. We’ll put our experience to work bringing you damages to cover all of your losses.
Hazards Associated with Speeding in the U.S.
Many drivers around the country do not think twice before exceeding the speed limit. Speeding is one of the most common ways that people break the rules of the road.
However, this does not mean that speeding is a safe behavior. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), speeding:
- Increases the odds a driver will lose control of their vehicle
- Increases necessary stopping distance
- Makes protective equipment – like seat-belts – less effective
- Can raise the severity of a vehicle collision
We know that speeding is especially dangerous when it involves large trucks. Commercial vehicles are very heavy. This means it is already harder for them to stop than other vehicles. When truck drivers speed, they can end up rear-ending other drivers very easily and causing severe accidents.
We are here to assist you if you were hit by a speeding truck. Allow us to provide you with the personalized care you want after a truck accident in DeSoto.
Dos and Don’ts After a Speeding Truck Accident in DeSoto
We’re here to offer you guidance if you were hit by a speeding truck here in DeSoto. You can easily contact us by calling (214) 305-8277. This allows our team of DeSoto speeding truck accident lawyers to assist you right away.
Generally, after an accident, it’s recommended that you:
- DO stop your vehicle and pull off the side of the road
- DO contact the police and report the accident
- DO get contact information from the truck driver and witnesses
- DO seek medical treatment for your accident injuries
- DO take pictures of your injuries and vehicle damage
However, there are a number of actions you should avoid after a collision with a large truck. The experts generally recommend that you:
- DON’T admit fault for the accident
- DON’T leave the scene of the accident without stopping
- DON’T post about the accident on social media
- DON’T deal with insurance agents on your own
Insurance agents are focused on their company’s bottom line after a collision. This means they may try to blame you for the collision. They can work to deny you compensation for your damages.
Fortunately, you do not have to face these representatives on your own. We’re here to stand up for you right now.
Aspects of a DeSoto Speeding Truck Accident Claim
We’re ready to start working on a claim for you after a speeding truck accident in DeSoto. Our team can take charge of your situation by investigating what happened. We know that it’s important to show that:
- Someone else caused your accident
- The accident led to your injuries
Reviewing the causes of your accident may require us to speak with witnesses. We can also go over the accident report filed by the police. You can even count on us to work with accident reconstruction specialists, if necessary.
We’ll also focus on showing that your injuries were caused directly by the collision. This allows us to help you get damages for all of your losses, including your medical bills, vehicle repairs, and time off at work. You can even get help seeking compensation for your pain and suffering.
You should know that many drivers in your situation settle their claims out of court. This allows you to get compensation for your damages quicker than if you had to bring a lawsuit. Additionally, you don’t have to pay court fees if you settle a DeSoto truck accident claim without a trial.
However, insurance agents sometimes deny drivers their full compensation after a truck accident. We’re ready to take your claim to court in this situation. Contact us if you want to learn more about filing a lawsuit in DeSoto.
Contact a DeSoto Speeding Truck Accident Lawyer
Allow our team to help you after a truck accident in DeSoto. Just reach out to a speeding truck accident lawyer in DeSoto and start building a legal claim. We’ll review your specific needs today with a free consultation. This allows us to determine the best way to help you get compensation for your losses.
You can easily reach us if you call (214) 305-8277. You can also fill out our online contact form right now.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Is Eligible For Compensation In A Wrongful Death Car Accident Settlement?
- How Are Pedestrians Compensated for Injuries or Wrongful Death in Texas?
- What Is Considered Property Damage in a Car Accident?
- What Should I Do If I Am in a Bus Accident?
- What Should I Avoid Doing After a Car Accident in Dallas?