How Motorcycle Accidents Are Different Than Car Accidents
Motorcycle accidents and car accidents are not the same. How are motorcycle accidents different from car accidents? Well, motorcycle accidents are:
- More likely to cause injuries than car accidents
- More likely to cause fatalities than car accidents
Let’s review the major differences between motorcycle and car accidents right now. Focus on what makes these accidents different from one another in Dallas.
To speak with an experienced lawyer about your accident for free, call (469) 998-4069 today.
Motorcycle Accidents Cause More Injuries Than Car Accidents
Any motorcycle vehicle collision could cause injuries. Motorcycle accidents are more likely to cause injuries than car accidents. The motorcyclist generally sustains these injuries. Motorcyclists may be injured because:
- They do not have the protection of a larger motor vehicle.
- They could be thrown from the motorcycle in an accident.
- They may not be wearing a helmet.
There were around 8,700,000 registered motorists in the year 2018. Around 89,000 registered motorists sustained an injury in an accident. This is an incredibly high rate of injury. Consider that there were 2,177,000 total injury crashes for all vehicles in 2017. This means motorcycle accidents made up a large number of these accidents. This occurred despite the fact that relatively few people drive motorcycles.
Motorcycle Accidents Cause More Fatalities Than Car Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in a fatality than car accidents. We find information regarding this fact through the Insurance Information Institute (III). The III records the fatality rate for different kinds of motor vehicles. It tells us that:
- The fatality rate per 100,000 registered cars was 10.05.
- The fatality rate per 100,000 registered motorcycles was 59.34.
You can see that the fatality rate is much higher for motorcycles. The III reported this information in 2017. The number of fatal accidents tends to remain close to the same every year. This means that many motorcyclists are killed on a yearly basis around the country.
Motorcyclists May Face Challenges Getting Compensation in Dallas
Motorcyclists are more likely to be involved in accidents than car drivers. After an accident, a motorcyclist could have a harder time securing compensation. Many people share the viewpoint that riding a motorcycle is reckless. Insurance adjusters may try to blame a motorcyclist for an accident.
A Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer may help show that another driver caused the accident. A lawyer could investigate your accident in Dallas. Investigating an accident may require a lawyer to:
- Visit the place where the accident occurred
- Access the police report about the collision
- Speak with all witnesses who saw the wreck
- Work with accident reconstruction specialists
Investigating an accident could show that the other driver caused the collision. Establishing liability allows a lawyer to help you get compensation. Your lawyer may show that the other driver was not paying attention at the time of the accident. Or, a lawyer could argue that the other driver was breaking the rules of the road by:
- Driving aggressively
- Swerving between lanes
- Operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Start getting help establishing fault for an accident now. Reach out to a legal team if you were blamed for a Dallas motorcycle accident.
Motorcyclists May Face Serious Injuries After a Collision
Motorcyclists are more likely to be hurt in a motorcycle accident. Their injuries are also more likely to be serious. This is because motorcyclists only have their clothing and helmets to protect them. Motorcyclists could face:
- Broken and fractured bones in their arms and legs
- Head and brain trauma
- Road rash, cuts, and burns
- Neck, back, and spinal cord injuries
Motorcyclists may require extensive medical treatment. You could get compensation for this treatment if another driver caused the accident. Your lawyer could work to help you secure damages for your:
- Emergency medical care
- Time off at work during recovery
- Medical procedures and tests
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
Your lawyer could help you file a claim against the other driver’s insurance. This claim could help you get compensation out of court. Your lawyer may also suggest a lawsuit. Taking a claim to court may help in some situations. Discuss your options today.
Find Out How Motorcycle and Car Accidents Are Different in Dallas
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to cause injuries or a fatality. You can get help after a motorcycle accident in Dallas. Contact a Dallas car accident lawyer if you were hurt. Start working with a legal team right now. Just call (469) 998-4069. You could also complete our online contact form. We are ready to help you now.
Discuss your claim with a free consultation. Start getting legal answers right now.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I Miss Work Due to a Car Accident Can I Still Get Paid in Dallas?
- What Should You Do When You (or a Loved One) Gets Hit & Injured by a Car?
- When Should You Get a Lawyer for a Truck Accident?
- Can You Sue Lyft or Uber for Injuries or Wrongful Death from a Car Accident?
- How Many Accidents Are Caused by Distracted Driving?