When a car accident occurs and you sustain serious injuries, you need a Dallas county car accident attorney on your side. Since you cannot count on the insurance company to take care of you properly, you need someone to fight the battle for you. Recovering from the injuries you suffered should be your first priority and with the help of the right legal team, you won’t need to worry about anything else.
Your auto accident lawyer in Dallas County will take care of all the paperwork and legal matters. They will open a line of communication with the insurance company and keep their representatives from contacting you directly. You won’t even need to show up for most of the negotiations. With the help of a compassionate attorney, not only will you receive proper financial compensation, but also the stress will be lifted.
What if You Don’t Hire a Car Accident Attorney in Dallas County?
Without a car accident lawyer in Dallas County, you may end up broke and injured. The insurance company doesn’t want to pay you a dime, but they also know if they offer you, what you might think is a large sum of money before you hire an attorney, it could save them tens of thousands of dollars. Most victims don’t really know what their injuries will cost over the next few years.
An expert attorney for car accidents in Dallas County will help figure out the right amount of compensation for the injuries, time away from work and even for the pain and suffering, you’ve been through. You didn’t cause the injuries and you shouldn’t be the one paying for them. With the help of a good attorney, the insurance company will be forced to pay instead of trying to take advantage of your vulnerable state.
Helping Your Auto Accident Lawyer in Dallas County
If you’re not being rushed to the hospital after the accident and you have the opportunity, you can do a few things to make it easier for your lawyer to do their job. After an accident, there are a few things you should always try to do and here’s a short list to help you.
- Call 9-1-1 – This should be the first thing you do and if anybody is injured make sure you ask for an EMS.
- Help injured victims – If anybody is injured you should help them in any way you can.
- Seek medical attention – Even if you “feel fine” always seek medical attention. Some injuries won’t show up for a few days or even weeks after an accident.
- Take pictures – Most cell phones allow you to take pictures and this can help your attorney in many ways. Take as many pictures of the accident scene and the injuries as possible.
- Get the police officers contact information – You may need to contact the police officer in charge if you remember something or if you need to change something in the police report. Getting their contact information will also help with obtaining a copy of the police report.
- Exchange information with all involved – You need to exchange your contact information with the other driver and any passengers.
By taking pictures of the scene of the accident, you can help your Dallas County auto accident lawyer prove your case later on. Pictures are very powerful and you never know what you may have captured that can help. Snap pictures of any damage to the vehicles, any visible injuries and the surrounding area, if possible.
You can also help by obtaining the contact information of any witnesses. If the case ends up going to trial, witnesses can really help your case. If anybody was nearby and saw what happened, it can help you to prove the accident wasn’t your fault. This can really help your car accident lawyer in Dallas Country prove your case.
Understanding the Legal Process with Your Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney in Dallas County
When you first hire a Dallas County motor vehicle accident lawyer, you may come up with many questions. They should help you to understand what to expect from the beginning to the end. Most attorneys offer a free consultation to help you understand how your claim will work and whether you really have a case. This can help you gain the answers to all your questions.
Once you hire the attorney of your choice, they can provide you with an overview of what to expect. This will help you to know what type of compensation they will seek and what timeframe to expect to receive compensation within. Some cases will settle much faster than others will and your Dallas County auto accident attorney should give you an idea of how fast your case will settle.
Our Dallas County Car Accident Attorneys Are Ready to Help You
With a few details about the case and your injuries, we can pair you with the best possible Dallas county car accident lawyer for you. He or she will contact you to provide a free legal evaluation and answer your questions. After gathering the necessary information, they can provide you with an idea of what your case might result in.
If you hire the lawyer, we choose for you, they will file the necessary paperwork and continually communicate any changes with the case to you. You attorney will fight for fair compensation and help you get what you really deserve. Contact one of our Dallas County car accident attorneys today and get your case started, here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Long Do You Have After A Car Accident To File A Lawsuit In Texas?
- Who Is Legally Responsible If You’re Injured In A Dallas Bus Accident?
- How Do You Know If You Need To Hire A Dallas Car Accident Lawyer?
- What Can You Recover For A Wrongful Death From A Truck Accident In Texas?
- What If The Other Driver In A Texas Car Accident Is Uninsured?