Euless Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck accidents are some of the most serious and deadly wrecks happening on Euless roads. Semi-trucks and 18-wheelers are huge vehicles, and when something goes wrong or the driver makes a mistake, the results can be catastrophic for truck accident victims. If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, you’re entitled to money for your injuries and costs. You need the help of an experienced Euless truck accident lawyer.
We want to be sure you get the best truck accident lawyer in Euless for your specific case. You need a legal professional who can view the details of your accident and injury and determine the best options to get you money for your mounting costs. To be paired with the best lawyer for you and your family, call us today at (214) 305-8277 or fill out the form to the right. We’ll give you a FREE legal consultation and get someone on case before it’s too late. Call us today to get started.
What is the truck accident claim process in Euless?
The process for making a truck accident claim can be lengthy—but it’s important to get it right so you can recover for your damages as fully as possible. Once you’re paired with a truck accident lawyer, they’ll follow the following stages in a process with your case:
1. Investigating the Accident
Right after the accident happens, the insurance company of the at-fault party (which could be the truck driver, the truck’s owner, or even the maintenance company, depending on what caused the crash) will send analysts to the accident scene for investigation. They’ll gather as much information as evidence as they can—with the purpose of limiting their potential liability.
To counteract this, you should call a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. Your lawyer will conduct their own investigation and research of the scene. They’ll also prevent the insurance companies from taking advantage of you as a victim in several ways:
- Since insurance company are for-profit businesses, they won’t be afraid to lowball you with a small settlement offer soon after the accident. Don’t take this. It’s almost never even close to the full amount you can recover for your injuries and other costs. Speak with your attorney first so they can calculate your full damages first.
- Insurers may also try to contact you and ask how you’re doing, hoping your kindness or politeness will come across as you taking blame for the accident or not being as injured as you actually are. If they ask you any questions, simply tell them to contact your lawyer.
- Insurance companies may also try to place some of the blame on you for the accident. Don’t accept any blame or discuss anything about the accident, including your injuries, with them.
2. Creating the Claim
Once your truck accident lawyer has collected all the information they need during their investigation, they’ll start creating your accident claim. This will include a statement of your injuries, show how the negligent party was at-fault for the accident—and therefore responsible for your injuries—and will request compensation for these losses.
From here, your claim can be resolved in a number of ways, including negotiations, litigation, or arbitration.
3. Negotiating with the Insurer
Once the claim is created, it’s likely the liable party’s insurer and your lawyer will negotiate with the goal of reaching a financial settlement for you. (If this happens—and it often does—there will be no need to go to court.) A second round of negotiations often happen once the lawsuit has been officially filed with the state.
If for some reason the insurance company and your attorney aren’t able to reach a successful negotiation, then your case with continue to court. This may happen if the insurer believes they have strong evidence against you or doesn’t think your evidence will hold up. In most cases, it doesn’t go this far, but it’s good to have a powerful truck accident lawyer on your side either way.
4. Civil Litigation
If the case does go to court, both the opposing party and your attorney will present their case and evidence before a judge and/or a jury. The judge or jury will then deliberate before reaching a verdict, determining who is at fault and how much financial recovery you’re awarded.
Each step in the claims process is important to your financial recovery, which is why it’s so vital to have a truck accident attorney on your side from the beginning.
How does fault work in a truck accident case?
Fault in Texas determines who is responsible for covering your damages as a victim of a truck accident. If the other party, such as the truck owner, is found to be 100 perfect at fault for the accident, they (or rather, their insurance company) will be liable for paying your costs.
Your lawyer will compile evidence from the accident in your case to demonstrate how the guilty party was at fault. For example, they might:
- investigate vehicle maintenance logs
- look at the truck driver’s licensing and credentials
- analyze the accident scene, photographs, and police reports
- And determine whether the truck driver was following all traffic laws
Work with a Euless Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Truck accidents are serious, and you deserve to recover the money you need to heal and move on with your life. Our attorneys are here to help, and we know what it takes to bring about the best possible outcomes in these cases. If you or someone you love was injured in a truck accident, we’d like to give you a FREE consultation to pair you with the best truck accident lawyer for your situation. Call us at (214) 305-8277 or fill out the Free Case Evaluation form to the right.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured In Car Accident In Texas?
- Are Fatal Car Accidents Common in Dallas, Texas?
- What Are The Most Common Car Accident Injuries in Dallas?
- What Are Some Factors That Affect A Car Accident Settlement In Texas?
- How Long Do You Have After A Car Accident To File A Lawsuit In Texas?