Euless Bus Accident Lawyer
Since buses are much larger than cars and other vehicles on Euless roads, bus accidents can be incredibly dangerous—even life-threatening. Besides their size, buses often don’t have the same degree of safety, such as seat belts, for passengers. This can increase the chances of injury if a bus accident occurs.
Euless residents take buses every day, from school buses for children to DART transit buses. If you or a loved one was injured in any type of bus accident, it’s time to consult with an experience Euless bus accident lawyer to ensure you get what you need to recover.
Our attorneys know how to handle bus accident cases. Although bus accidents are less common than other auto accidents, they can also be much worse. The victims can sustain painful injuries that require long recovery periods—and can even impact them for life. The party responsible for the crash should be held accountable for these damages, as victims should never have to pay.
That’s why we’re dedicated to helping you seek the fullest financial recovery possible. For a FREE consultation with us to get started, call (214) 305-8277 or complete the quick Free Case Evaluation form to the right today. We’ll talk about your accident, your injuries, and your best options for seeking recovery.
What are the most common types of bus accidents?
There are a few main types of bus accidents than can happen in Euless and the rest of Texas:
- City Bus Accidents
- School Bus Accidents
- Hired/charter Bus Accidents
- Long-Distance Bus Accidents
- Accidents involving vehicles that still counts as buses, such as large vans and shuttles
Bus accident victims can be someone injured while riding on one of these buses when the vehicle gets in an accident, a cyclist or pedestrian hit by the bus, someone getting on/off the bus who slips and falls, or a driver or passenger in another car that gets hit by the bus.
The rules for seeking financial recovery in a bus accident can vary slightly depending on which bus was involved in your injuries, as well as how you were injured. This is why it’s a good idea to contact a bus accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. They can draw from their vast knowledge on local bus laws to determine the best course of action for your recovery.
How do bus accidents happen?
Bus accidents can occur for the same reasons other motor accidents do on Euless roads. Some common reasons can include:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Drunk driving
- Dangerous or deadly road conditions
- Faulty equipment or inadequate maintenance of the bus
- Negligence or distractedness of other drivers
- Road rage or speeding that leads to careless driving
The difference when looking at a bus accident is that bus drivers are held to higher standards than the average car driver. They can a civil duty to protect those in their car as they drive, and they’re trained to do so carefully. If a school bus driver is found to have been driving under the influence or drugs or alcohol, or texting and driving, for example, the response would be harsher than it would on a commercial driver.
Buses also tend to have more blind spots and may make decisions that are confusing to other drivers due to size. Sometimes the fault can fall on other drivers if they don’t comply with traffic rules specific to buses, such as stopping for a school bus as it’s loading or unloading children.
In any case, bus accidents often have a higher potential of injury due to more hazards than other vehicles. Buses don’t typically have air bags or seat belts to cushion the impact for passengers, for example. There are also usually more bulky items like backpacks, bags, and groceries on buses that increase the chances of injuries.
A car accident lawyer can investigate the state and federal rules for bus driver operations and see if they were being followed prior to the accident, as well.
How much money can I recover in a bus accident in Euless?
If you were injured in a bus accident, you may be entitled to FULL recovery of your costs. These can include:
- Medical bills to pay for treatment of your injuries, including doctor visits, prescription medications, tests, therapy, and future treatment
- Property damage from the accident, such as car repairs or replacement if you were another driver hit by the bus
- Lost wages from time taken off work
- Non-economic damages for pain and suffering, which may include loss of life enjoyment, physical pain and suffering, or loss of consortium with a spouse
- Funeral or burial costs if you lost a loved one in a bus accident
- If you’re involved in an accident with a bus that’s operated by the government, such as a school bus, special rules apply when pursuing a lawsuit that can limit the amount of compensation:
- The government must receive notice of the lawsuit within six months from the date the bus accident happened
- Damages that you can recovery can’t exceed $250,000 per person
- They also can’t exceed $500,000 per accident
It’s best to contact a skilled Euless bus accident lawyer who knows to look at these details and work out the best options for you.
Work with a Euless Bus Accident Lawyer Today
Bus accidents are not a light matter. They can lead to painful, sometimes life-altering injuries and trauma that deserve full financial recovery. We stand with bus accident victims and believe they shouldn’t have to pay for costs that were someone else’s fault. If you were injured in a bus accident, set up a FREE consultation with us today by calling (214) 305-8277 or using the Free Case Evaluation form to the right and we’ll be in touch to get started.